How can the potential of data be exploited for personal or corporate benefit? What legal requirements must be observed in the process?
Get valuable input at the intensive conference Data – Tech & Law
on Wednesday, June 14, 2023, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Austria Trend Hotel Wilhelminenberg.
Technical basics of data and data ecosystems as well as organizational challenges.
– What is meant by data?
– What types of data (e.g., metadata, etc.) are there? What are Big Data and Open Data?
– What are data ecosystems and how do they work technically?
– What is GaiaX and what is the relevance of this initiative for Europe and Austria?
– How can data be exchanged? Which data are suitable for exchange and how do these data have to be processed?
– Which technical standards are currently used in the context of data ecosystems and how does this work in practice?
– Are there certifications or data quality seals?
– What roles need to be considered?
– What organizational challenges arise in practice?
Legal basis for data
– Are there national legal regulations on data and if so, in which standards?
– Is there ownership of data?
– How is data protected by the legal system? Which areas of law are particularly relevant in practice?
Data Act, Data Spaces & Data Governance Act in Practice – Part 1.
– What is the current status on the new EU regulations?
– What is being regulated and how are the issues related?
– Who will be covered by the new EU regulations and when?
– What concrete obligations do I have as a company/public body?
– By when do I have to take which measures to remain compliant?
Data Act, Data Spaces & Data Governance Act in Practice – Part 2
– Will we soon have access to “high value data sets” for free?
– What do cloud providers and cloud users need to be aware of?
– What do I need to consider if I want to use smart contracts in the future?
– And: how does all this fit in with the GDPR?
MMag. Norbert Amlacher
DI Mag. Günther Tschabuschnig
Natascha Totzler, MSc
Ideal for lawyers, in-house counsel, managing directors, but also chief information officers and IT managers, e-commerce directors, heads of digital and communications and heads of larger marketing departments!