The event had to be postponed. We will keep you updated here as well as via our social media channels.
On June 17th, Austria will mark the First Austrian Data Day (2021), where you can discuss with experts important topics like mobility, health, climate, and other fields where data plays an important role. As preparation and pre-celebration, DIO and TRUSTS invite you to join us on the June 9th from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. (CEST) to this meetup and voice your opinion about machine learning topics in general and in Austria in particular. We will discuss in groups topics such as ML trends & bias concerns, the AI’s true potential, and the role it plays in Austria. By brainstorming these topics with you, we hope to generate achievable action items which have a contribution potential for the Austrian industry.
Please register via https://www.meetup.com/KeepCurrent/events/278442677/
The World Cafe method
The World Cafe method is a systematic method for brainstorming in large groups. Four topics are selected by the hosts. The audience is split into four teams, and each team starts with a brainstorming of one of the topics. After 15 minutes, the teams switch to the next topic and begin to brainstorm on that given topic. This procedure gets repeated until all teams have discussed all topics.
After the four discussion rounds, the collected results are presented by the four topic moderators (also called “table hosts”). The goal of the World Cafe is to effectively access the knowledge and expertise of the participants, and provide and share it with the entire audience.
The topics of this World Cafe are centered around Artificial Intelligence. They touch societal and ethical issues and are not necessarily meant for an audience with a technical background.
True potential of AI
- Critical reflection on AI – is AI over-hyped?
- What will stay after the hype?
- Are we close to the technological singularity?
- Is AI going to take away our jobs?
Current trends in ML
- What are the hottest technological trends at the moment?
- What are the most important application areas? In Austria, world-wide?
- Which technologies are emerging at the moment but yet not widely known?
Bias in AI (race, gender)
- In which domains or aspects should we (or should we not) trust AI when there is knowingly bias in it?
- What can be done to reduce such bias?
The position of Austria in AI
- Is Austria behind when it comes to AI/ML research and implementation? And if so, why?
- What types of obstacles is Austria facing?
- What can be done to overcome them?